The ICIAM Prize Committee for 2015 calls for nominations for the five ICIAM Prizes to be awarded in 2015. All ICIAM prizes are international, and each prize has its own special character. Nominations are therefore welcomed from all over the world, and are due 31 October 2013.
Please view the prize descriptions prior to nominating – nominations should take into account the specifications for a particular prize, and should contain the following information:
• full name and address of person nominated;
• web page if any;
• name of particular ICIAM Prize;
• proposed citation (concise statement about the outstanding contribution in fewer than 250 words);
• justification for nomination (cite nominator’s reason for considering candidate to be deserving, including explanations of the scientific and practical influence of the candidate’s work and publications);
• CV of the nominee;
• name and contact details of the proposer.
Please send nominations to the President of ICIAM, Barbara Keyfitz, preferably in electronic form. Nominations will be acknowledged.
Listed below are members of the ICIAM Prize committee:
Barbara Keyfitz (committee chair)
Donatella Marini (chair of Collatz Prize subcommittee)
Felix Otto (chair of Lagrange Prize subcommittee)
Pam Cook (chair of Maxwell Prize subcommittee)
Takashi Kako (chair of Pioneer Prize subcommittee)
Philippe Ciarlet (chair of Su Buchin Prize subcommittee)
The first issue of the new ICIAM Newsletter is also now available. Dated January 2013, it is posted on the ICIAM web site at www.iciam.org/news.